What is Haram?
Haram is something that has definitely been forbidden to do, use, eat or drink by our religion; for instance, drinking alcohol, gambling, committing fornication, killing somebody, backbiting and slandering, etc...
If something that is haram has been made haram due to a harm, evil, dirt that is a part of it, it is called haram li aynih; for instance, pork, wine, etc.
If something that has been made haram not because of its own properties but due to some external reasons like the way of obtaining it, it is called haram li ghayrih; for instance, stolen bread, seized money, etc...
- What is the Judgment for Haram?
- Why is fornication haram? What is the reason why this deed, which does not harm anyone, is haram?
- Why is being janabah haram forbidden? Why are men regarded dirty? Is it haram for a junub person to eat and drink?
- What is the sin of watching haram (forbidden) things? Will you give detailed information about looking at haram?
- The sources of the Religious Judgments and Decrees in Islam