Were there any human beings that were created before Hazrat Adam? What was created first? Were there any human beings before Adam?
1- Allah created the light of Muhammad first. Then, He created other beings from him. First the plants, and then the animals were created.
2- Hazrat Adam is the father of the mankind. Therefore, to accept that other people lived before him means to make a judgment contrary to the verses regarding the issue.
There are narrations that jinn lived in the world before human beings. The term ‘vicegerent’ (khalifah) mentioned in the following verse shows that there were intelligent creatures before Hazrat Adam: "Behold thy Lord said to the angels: "I will create a vicegerent on earth." They said "Wilt thou place therein one who will make mischief therein and shed blood? Whilst we do celebrate Thy praises and glorify Thy holy (name)?" He said: "I know what ye know not." (al-Baqara, 30; ??arat-ul ?’caz, 201)
The word “vicegerent” (khalifatan) suggests that before conditions on the earth were readied for human life, there were intelligent creatures for whose lives, conditions during the earth’s early epochs. Those intelligent creatures are the jinn. Besides, in the following verse, the word jinn is mentioned: “I have only created jinn and men, that they may serve Me.” (adh-Dhariyat, 56). It indicates that the jinn were created before human beings.
Please click on the link given below;
- How did Iblis (Satan) act when the order to bow down to Adam(PBUH) was given by Allah? What is the relationship between the devil and the angels in terms of creation?
- How was the first woman created?
- Why were prophets chosen among human beings?
- How does the person asking this question know that Adam and Eve had the same blood type? Did he check their blood type?
- How can we understand that Hazrat Hawwa (Eve) was created from Hazrat Adam?