Where and how was the Bible revealed to the prophet Jesus (PBUH)?
According to the commentators of the Quran, the Quran was revealed in pieces in 23 years, while the Torah and the Bible was revealed completely at one time. (Fahraddin Razi, Mafatihu'l-ghayb (The Keys of the Unseen), 7/157; IbnKathir, Tafsiru’l-Qur'ân, (Exegesis of Koran) 1/501)As a matter of fact, that fact is pointed out by the statement in the Surah Furqan (25/32) : “Those who reject Faith say: "Why is not the Qur'an revealed to him all at once?" According to a hadith in the book Musnad (4/107) the pages of Abraham were brought down on the first night of Ramadan, the Torah, on the sixth night, the Bible, on the thirteenth night (another tradition says, on the eighteenth night). We sent him the Gospel: therein was guidance and light, and confirmation of the Torah that had come before him: a guidance and an admonition to those who fear Allah” (al-Maida 5/46)
We could not find sound data about where the Bible was revealed.
As it was the case about the previous prophets, the Bible was not written during the life of Jesus because the time for conveying his prophethood was short and the circumstances did not allow the Bible to be recorded. The earliest recordings of the Bible were made 70 years after Jesus. Therefore, the true sayings of Jesus were not immediately recorded and some human words were mixed with it and thus the real book was interpolated.
- What is the difference between the Qur’an and the other divine books?
- A holy book that was carried away: The Gospel (Bible) of Barnabas
- The Signs of divine books such as the Torah, Bible and Psalms are a proof of Muhammad’s (PBUH) prophethood.
- Why was Jesus (pbuh) raised to the sky although some prophets were allowed to be killed why conveying the religion to people? Furthermore, one tooth of our Prophet was broken during a battle. From which property of Jesus does this incident originate?
- How Should Our Attitudes towards Missionaries be?