Are angels or men superior?
According to Ahl as-Sunnah belief, prophets chosen among human beings are superior to angels, even the greatest angels because man is elevated with the miracle of being taught names. (al-Baqara 2/31-34)
Besides, the obedience and worshipping of angels are not based on their will. Angels are obedient naturally. No testing or evolution is in question for them. Man believes and worships with his will; he evolves spiritually. The four great angels are superior to all believers except prophets; believers with good deeds and believers with taqwa (fear of Allah), martyrs and siddiqs (loyal believers) are superior to all angels except the four great angels; all angels are superior to unbelievers, hypocrites, polytheists, sinners, immoral people and people without good deeds.
- Based on what do we believe in the existence of angels?
- What is the reason why belief in angels is among the pillars of belief?
- How many groups are angels divided into? What are their duties?
- What kind of beings are angels? and Why cannot we see angels?
- What are the abominable (makruh) acts of wudu?