Does it invalidate the fast to apply surma (eyeliner), to put medicine on a wound, and to apply ointment on it?
Anas, may Allah be pleased with him, narrates:
A man came to the Prophet and asked him:
“O Allah's Messenger, peace and blessings upon him, my eye aches; I apply eyeliner although I am fasting (Does it invalidate my fast?)”
Allah's Messenger (PBUH) replied: “No (it does not invalidate)” (Tirmidhi, Sawm: 30)
From the hadith (saying of the Prophet), the following rules are understood:
1- Applying eyeliner on the eye does not invalidate the fast.
2- The medicine put on a wound on the head or the stomach does not invalidate the fast as long as it does not penetrate into the body.
- How should the person who realizes when he wakes up that he is junub (ritually impure) continue with the fasting? Does getting blood drawn invalidate the fast?
- Does it invalidate the fast if somebody kisses his wife?
- Does eating and drinking forgetfully invalidate fasting?
- The Prophet’s prayer of iftar
- Is it possible to fast in Ramadan without eating iftar (a meal eaten to break the fast after sunset)?