What is Compensatory prayer?
Performing an obligatory prayer (salah) in time is called execution, performing it after its specified time has elapsed is called compensation (qada); performing a prayer again that has been spoiled is called repetition.
A binding prayer (salah) is either intentionally not performed in its specified time, or it isn’t performed in time because of an excuse. It is a great sin not to perform intentionally a daily prayer in time. Man must stay away from such an act. If such a mistake was made, the prayer must be compensated at once to be completed with the duty. Because, death can come at any moment. If death comes and catches man unprepared, man will go to the hereafter under obligation.
For more information please click on the links given below;
- How many rakats are there in Witr prayer? (a necessary prayer performed between night prayer and dawn prayer) When should we perform the witr prayer?
- Is it a sin to perform the prayer at the end of the time for that prayer? Can the prayer be performed as soon as the adhan is recited?
- What does a menstruating woman do during the prayer times?
- What are the kinds of prayers?
- Isnt the stipulation that the Imam must be in front of the congregation and the prayer performed in the Kabah contradictory?