But, for thy Lord's (Cause) be patient and constant! Could you please explain this verse? Surah Al-Muddathir 74/7
The verse “But, for thy Lord's (Cause), be patient and constant!” (al-Muddathir, 74:7) means “be patient for your Lord’s cause, that is, no matter how much hardship you can experience, no matter how much torment you can see because you want to fulfill your religious duties, just be patient for your Lord’s decision.” (see Elmalili Hamdi, Hak Dini).
Mujahid and Ibn-i Zaid explained this verse as follows: “O Muhammad, be patient about hardships you are going to encounter during your call, for the sake of your Lord.”
Ibrahim an-Nahai explained it as follows: “Do not expect remuneration for what you give. Be patient about them for the sake of Lord and do sacrifice.” (Tabari, the interpretation of the related verse)
- Can you explain the following verse: “But, for thy Lord's (Cause) be patient and constant!”(Al-Muddathir, 7)?
- Will you explain the verse, “Lord of the heavens and of the earth, and all between them and Lord of every point at the rising of the sun!” (as-Saaffat, 5)?
- Could you please explain the verse; “O you who believe! Seek help (against all kinds of hardships and tribulations) through persevering patience and the Prayer; surely God is with the persevering and patient.” (the Qur’an, al-Baqarah, 2:153)
- Will you explain this verse:" Nor do I absolve my own self (of blame): the (human soul) certainly prone to evil, unless my Lord do bestow His Mercy: but surely my Lord is Oft-Forgiving, Most Merciful." (Yusuf, 12/53)?
- Would you like to explain the verse 25 of Surah An-Noor?