Are we regarded to have committed sins due to evil things in our imagination?
We are not regarded to have committed sins due to evil things in our imagination. However, we believe that we should be careful because these willingly imagined thoughts can cause us to waste our blessing of imagination and can lead us to make various mistakes. At least, it is a waste of time and imagination.
We are not responsible for the images which we unwillingly think of and which come to our minds. Responsibility is in question for willing actual deeds. In other words, people are held responsible for the deeds which they choose to do at their own will. Nevertheless, the will is not in question on evil thoughts that come to the mind. That is, you have not decided to think of evil things and have committed them. For this reason, you are not held responsible for them. It is best to ignore them considering as delusions of satan.
Satan can impose his delusions to people’s hearts from the place called “sign of devil” next to the heart. The proof that these words and thoughts implied are not the products of the heart is the heart’s becoming nervous due to them. For example, even if a person observes the beauty of the sky through a dirty telescope, the dirt does not smear on neither the observer nor the observed. So, such words and thoughts are those of satan and they do not harm us. The real damage is to trying to get rid of it in vain or becoming afraid, thinking that it is dangerous.
Please click on the links given below;
- Can a woman who does not wear a headscarf in daily life perform her prayers?
- Defying one single sin with many good deeds
- God has decreed both good and evil. How should we comprehend this?
- Is it not a contradiction that Allah created the sins and human beings so that they would repent and that He blamed those who committed sins and threatened them with Hell?
- What is the Judgment for a Wajib?