We can want or prefer a son or girl baby, but we mustn't be persistent since we do not know what is favourable for us. We should pray for a favourable child and in the end we should consent to the consequence.
Ones who want a girl should recite surah Al-Ihlas (112th chapter of Hooly Quran) with bismillah three times and then recite the pray "Allahumma'c'alni min ladunka dhurriyatan tayyibetan mutiatan" (means: O my Lord! bestow upon me a clean and respectful descendant) before the relation.
- Is it permissible to have a test tube baby in order to have a male baby?
- Is it permissible to have a test tube baby? What are the conditions of having a test tube baby? Are the methods of determining the gender of the baby permissible?
- How many kinds of puberty are there?
- He alone knows what is in the wombs (31:34) However, today it is possible to determine a babys gender. So, how should we understand the verse?
- How are we supposed to treat a baby who died just after birth? Can that baby make shafaa (intercession) for his/her parents in the hereafter?