Gender Of a child
A Brief Description of the Question:
Assalmu Alikum, I wanted to ask , if it is permissible in Islam to find out the gender of a child through ultrasound technology. Thanks & Regards Naveed
With the intention of treatment, if a woman undergoes an ultrasound treatment and as a result learns the gender of baby, only with this purpose it is permissible. However, if there is no health problem and the intention is only to find out the gender of baby, it is not permissible. Since finding out the gender of the child is not included in health problem and treatment. In addition, -unless there is a health problem or treatment-, even a woman is not allowed to look at another woman’s private parts. It is not permissible.
- He alone knows what is in the wombs (31:34) However, today it is possible to determine a babys gender. So, how should we understand the verse?
- Prediction charts for gender
- Can we call someone, who loves his race, a racist?
- Is it permissible to have a test tube baby? What are the conditions of having a test tube baby? Are the methods of determining the gender of the baby permissible?
- Could you tell us some prayers for having a child?