Pregnant woman and fasting
Enes Ibn Malik (R.A.) quotes the Prophet as saying:
“Undoubtedly Allah has relieved the travelers of fasting and half of the prayer, and the pregnant and the breast-feeding women of the fast." (Abu Dawud, Sawm: 44, Tirmidhi, Sawm: 21; Ibn Majah Sıyam: 12)
If pregnant women and breast-feeding mothers cannot endure fasting, they don’t have to fast in the month of Ramadan. They can perform their missed fast(s) without any necessary order at a reasonable time after Ramadan.
- Is it permissible for a pregnant and breast-feeding woman to fast?
- Pregnant Women and Fasting
- Can a woman perform prayers while pregnant? If yes, what is to be taken into account?
- Is it permissible for a pregnant and breast-feeding woman not to fast?
- Is it wrong to kiss a woman during fasting? Does kissing a woman invalidates the fast?