Was the light (nur) of our prophet created before lawh al-mahfuz (the preserved tablet) was created, or was it the light of our prophet that was created first?
We can find the information to shed light on the issue in the following hadith:
Hazrat Jabir narrates: “O Messenger of Allah! May my father and mother be sacrificed for you, Will you tell me the first thing that Allah created? He answered: “O Jabir! The thing that Allah created first is the light of your prophet. Nothing existed then. Lawh did not exist then; nor did the pen, Paradise or fire/Hell. Angels did not exist then; nor did the sky, the earth, the sun, jinn or people.
When Allah wanted to create the creatures, He divided that light into four parts. He created the pen from the first part, Lawh al-Mahfuz from the second part and the Throne from the third part. He divided the fourth part into four again. He created the carriers of the Throne from the first part, the Chair from the second part and the other angels from the third part. He divided the fourth part into four again. He created the skies from the first part, the earth from the second part and Paradise and Hell from the third part. He divided the fourth part into four again. He created the believers’ light of foresight/consciousness of belief from the first part, the light of the hearts – which consisted of marifatullah (the knowledge of Allah) – from the second part and the light of friendship (the light of La ilaha illallah Muhammadu’rrasulullah), which consisted of oneness from the third part.” (See Imam Ahmad, Musnad IV-127; Hakim, Mustadrak II-600/4175; Ibn Hibban, Al Ihsan XIV-312/6404; Qastalani, Mawahibu'l-Ladunniyya: 1/6; cf Ajluni, I/262-6)
The Messenger of Allah (pbuh) stated the following in a sacred hadith: "ALLAH : “I created you from my light and other things from your light.”" . (Imam Ahmad, Musnad IV-127; Hakim, Mustadrak II-600/4175; Ibn Hibban, Al Ihsan XIV-312/6404; Ajluni, Kashfu'l-Khafa I-265/827)
for more information please click on the links given below;
- In the verse of Surah Fatir (35/1), it is said that the angels were created as messengers with wings― two, or three, or four (Pairs). Why do angles need wings that were created from Noor (Light)?
- The Clean Ancestors of the Messenger of God
- What could have possibly led the humans to commit an irrarional act as worshipping idols?
- What kind of beings are angels? and Why cannot we see angels?
- Will you evaluate the creation of babies with terrifying appearances in the light of the following verse: “He Who has made everything which He has created most Good” (as-Sajda 7)?