What are the things that should be taken into consideration while having fun?
When entertainment is mentioned, amusing activities, competitions and music that enable people to have good and joyful time, come to mind first. When we categorize entertainment as licit and illicit, we mean activities with which soul as well as heart and spirit are amused naturally by “licit entertainment” and, we mean activities that are contrary to what the Sustainer of the universe commanded and that only the soul is delighted by but not heart and spirit by illicit entertainment.
As an explanation for this categorization; Badiuzzaman, an Islamic scholar, classifies joy is in the meaning of entertainment into two types and says, “One stimulates the desires of the soul while the other joy silences the soul and urges the spirit, heart, mind, and subtle faculties to attain sublime matters, to their original home.”
- Is it permissible to buy and sell things interest-free using credit cards? If yes, are there things to take care of? If yes, what are they?
- Along with the good, the bad is also created in the universe? Why does Allah create the bad?
- We come across some Islamic scholars deterring people from being imams and muazzins and being guarantors and guardians. What do they mean with those utterances?
- Is it permissible to eat or drink from silver or golden plates and cups or to make wudu from them?
- What should a person do, if s/he were to start Ramadan in his country and end it in another country, what criterion does s/he have to take into consideration?