intercourse during fasting
Sexual intercourse during fasting from dawn to dusk is not permissible. Sexual intercourse while fasting during the day invalidates the fast. The penalty is to fast an additional period of 60 continuous days. If one is not able to do so then he must feed sixty poor people-one average meal each. But it is permissible to have sexual intercourse after iftar (Breaking the fast after sunset) until the time of imsaq (abstinence).
To fornicate means to have sexual intercourse with a woman that one is not married to. The Arabic root of the word fornication (zina) is zana. The lexical meaning and term meaning of the word zina are the same. It means the sexual intercourse of a man and woman who are not married to each other from the front part of their bodies. The man who fornicates is called “zani” and the woman is called “zaniyah”.
for more information please click on the link given below;
- Does it invalidate the fast if somebody kisses his wife?
- Why does Allah command people “not to draw near to unlawful sexual intercourse” instead of “not to commit unlawful sexual intercourse”? Why is “not gazing at haram” insisted so much? What does religion consider about gazing at the obscene images?
- What a fasting person should do as a Kaffarah (Atonement) when he/she does one of the things that invalidate the fast?
- Is it permissible to use Miswak while fasting?
- What does it mean that fasting is a protective shield? How does fasting protect us?